Name-chains privacy notice
Who name-chains is
Name-chains is a trading name of Alison Bell, trading as a sole trader. Name-chains trades in person and online through its website name-chains.co.uk
What name-chains does
Name-chains provides unique themed artworks on a variety of media such as limited edition prints, t-shirts and mugs. Name-chains also undertakes commissions for its clients.
Name-chains is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Should name-chains ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Name-chains holds your personal data securely. Name-chains does not share your personal data with external organisations. This notice provides an overview of how name-chains comply with data protection legislation and the basis on which any personal data name-chains collects from you, or that you provide to name-chains, will be processed.
Name-chains may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2019.
How name-chains obtains personal data
When name-chains says ‘personal data’ name-chains mean identifiable information about you, including your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries, website comments and so on. If you can’t be identified (for example, when information about you as been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn’t apply. When you use this website, name-chains may collect personal information about you when you request a specific service and every time you email name-chains your details. You may provide name-chains with your personal details when you:
- make contact by email.
- contact name-chains via the website contact form.
- make a purchase through the online shop.
- contact name-chains by telephone.
What name-chains collects
Name-chains may collect the following information:
- name and job title.
- contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys, contact forms and/or offers.
How name-chains uses personal information
Name-chains may use this information:
- to contact you to respond to your queries (if you email name-chains with a question, for example).
- to provide you with services (e.g. send you an email bulletin).
- to process payments.
- to contact you to ask you to respond to surveys.
- to keep you informed about activities and developments, for example by sending you a newsletter or alerting you about updates to a name-chains blog.
- for name-chains internal record keeping.
- to improve name-chains products and services periodically to send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which name-chains thinks you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- to contact you for market research purposes from time to time. Name-chains may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- to customise the website according to your interests.
Name-chains is required by law to hold information on payments received for name-chains financial records. This information may include:
- your full name.
- your email address.
- if you are a business, your business name and correspondence address.
- the dates and amounts of payments and invoices, and payment data that allows name-chains to create name-chains’ financial records.
Other specific records name-chains may keep
Information about products you have purchased.
Name-chains use it varies, depending on name-chains’ relationship with you, how it works with you, the service(s) you use or the product(s) it provides to you, for example. More specific information is given below:
Companies and/or individuals who name-chains may use to supply goods or services to customers/clients.
Upfront Apparel – merchandise suppliers who produce the name-chains limited edition prints, t-shirts and mugs.
Name-chains is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure name-chains has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online.
People using name-chains website
Website users may provide name-chains with personal information relating to any of the above services, or just to express interest in name-chains. With consent name-chains may use this information for the purpose of internal record keeping, improving name-chains products and services, occasional emails about new events, courses, networks, other products or other information which name-chains think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, name-chains may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. Name-chains may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Data retention and destruction
Name-chains does not keep information about you any longer than is necessary. The length of time name-chains keeps your data may be determined by statutory or regulatory requirements. Name-chains deletes or destroys all personal data when it is no longer required.
You have the right to see what personal data name-chains holds about you. You also have the right to know where name-chains got the data from, how and why name-chains is processing your data, who it has been shared with, and how long name-chains intends to keep it for.
You have the right to ask name-chains to investigate, and correct where appropriate, any personal data name-chains hold about you that you believe is wrong.
You have the right to ask name-chains to erase personal data that name-chains holds about you where name-chains no longer has a lawful purpose to process the data, or where the data is being processed based on your consent which has now been withdrawn.
This right may be restricted by name-chains need to comply with laws, regulations or other legitimate reasons that require name-chains to retain data. However, name-chains will tell you if this is the case.
Restriction of Processing
You have the right to ask name-chains to restrict the processing of your personal data. Restricted processing means that name-chains cannot make any changes to the data unless name-chains has your consent. You can ask for restricted processing where:
- you believe the data name-chains holds is inaccurate and name-chains needs time to properly investigate.
- name-chains has unintentionally come into possession of your personal data that name-chains should not hold but you do not want name-chains to delete it.
- where name-chains no longer needs your personal data, but you want name-chains to hold on to it for legal reasons.
- where you have objected to how name-chains uses your personal data, and this is being investigated.
Right to Object
Where you feel that name-chains is processing your personal data in a way that is inappropriate you have the right to object and so ask name-chains to demonstrate legitimate grounds for doing so. This includes asking name-chains not to communicate with you other than in ways you choose. Name-chains hopes you never need to make a complaint, but if you do not think name-chains has responded appropriately to your needs, you may raise your concern within three months with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-making or Profiling
Name-chains does not use automated processing or profiling and your data are never subject to these methods.
How to contact Name-Chains
If you would like any further information, or you would like to exercise any of your data protection rights, please get in touch.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 07818 256 434